Saturday, June 09, 2012

baked raspberry cheesecake

With over 600 good reviews on the BBC Good Food website, I had to try making this cheesecake. It'll be our friend's birthday on Monday so I've decided to make him this as his present. It was a fairly easy cake to make, with the usual digestive biscuits base and with lots of full fat cream cheese for the filling. Yes, it has to be full fat. I don't see the point of using reduced fat or light version. If you are really worried over your fat and calories intake, just eat a smaller piece.

I was worried that it might collapse on our way delivering it. Luckily our friends only live a few minutes' drive from us so the cake arrived in one piece. Our friends offered both of us a slice of the cake to taste. It is quite a 'heavy' cake to eat, so a small slice is enough. The filling isn't too sweet and the raspberries made it slightly lighter. Maybe next time I could try making this with other soft fruits such as blueberries and blackberries.




Recipe from: BBC Good Food

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks good! I would be tempted to use reduced fat cream cheese coz a small piece is never enough for me!