Saturday, June 09, 2012

palmiers

I always thought Palmiers are easy to make. They are indeed very easy to make if you don't have to make your own puff pastry. I wouldn't label this post as Home Baking if I haven't attempted to make the puff pastry from scratch. :)

I have always been put off from attempting to make puff pastry as I have read how difficult it is to produce one that gives you the multi-layers of flaky pastry. But after making them for the very first time, I am no longer scare of making pastry, partly due to a very good recipe book that explains clearly the steps needed to make good pastry. I think I might make these Palmiers again next Saturday for my sister-in-law when we visit her next Sunday. She loves Palmiers a lot. Most importantly, hubby has approved this recipe worthwhile to be made again.





Recipe from: Richard Bertinet's Pastry

No comments: